Former Sidmouth Chamber chairman dies
Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce stalwart Dorothy Hartnell has died
A STALWART of Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce and Sidmouth Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal organiser for several years, Dorothy Hartnell, died in Sidmouth Hospital on Tuesday.
Dorothy, 89, ran an antiques shop in Mill Street and was chairman of the Chamber of Commerce for several years.
Her funeral will take place on Thursday, July 28 at 1.45pm at Sidmouth Parish Church, followed by burial at Sidmouth cemetery.
A full tribute from friends and family will appear in next Friday’s Sidmouth Herald.
You may also want to watch:
*Leave your tribute to Dorothy on our website: www.sidmouthherald.co.uk
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 6 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 9 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 10 After shopping in town why not give your feet a treat