Former Sidmouth College pupil stars as Transformer film extra
- Credit: Archant
A former Sidmouth College pupil has snapped up a blink and you will miss role in a Hollywood blockbuster.
A former Sidmouth College pupil landed a ‘blink and you will miss it’ role in a Hollywood blockbuster.
Sean James was among the extras for Michael Bay’s Transformers: The Last Knight.
The 45-year-old had no clue his first feature role would be in the popular franchise until he arrived on set, believing he was working on a film called Buttercup.
Sean, who was the star of Channel 4’s documentary Repo Man, was also surprised to find he had made the film’s trailer after racing to grab a spot behind the knights’ round table.
You may also want to watch:
He said; “One guy said, ‘You’re in Transformers’ and I said, ‘It might be my first film mate but don’t take the Mick!’
“I’m in it for about five seconds, which is a lot because they cut lots out. I was behind King Arthur - you can see me and my flag and there are Transformers behind me. I couldn’t have asked for a better place, it was absolutely brilliant.”
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
After leaving Sidmouth College, Sean served in the navy as a radar operator on HMS Ark Royal during the first Gulf War.