Former Sidmouth College pupil stars as Transformer film extra
- Credit: Archant
A former Sidmouth College pupil has snapped up a blink and you will miss role in a Hollywood blockbuster.
A former Sidmouth College pupil landed a ‘blink and you will miss it’ role in a Hollywood blockbuster.
Sean James was among the extras for Michael Bay’s Transformers: The Last Knight.
The 45-year-old had no clue his first feature role would be in the popular franchise until he arrived on set, believing he was working on a film called Buttercup.
Sean, who was the star of Channel 4’s documentary Repo Man, was also surprised to find he had made the film’s trailer after racing to grab a spot behind the knights’ round table.
You may also want to watch:
He said; “One guy said, ‘You’re in Transformers’ and I said, ‘It might be my first film mate but don’t take the Mick!’
“I’m in it for about five seconds, which is a lot because they cut lots out. I was behind King Arthur - you can see me and my flag and there are Transformers behind me. I couldn’t have asked for a better place, it was absolutely brilliant.”
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
After leaving Sidmouth College, Sean served in the navy as a radar operator on HMS Ark Royal during the first Gulf War.