Former Sidmouth teacher releases first thriller
- Credit: Archant
A former Sidmouth teacher is set to thrill readers with his debut fictional novel.
Richard Grainger has released Losing the Plot, the first in his Richie Malone series, following an old-school philanderer and writer caught in a dangerous plot. The book sees Richie Malone, a writer who has made a fortune writing pornographic novels under a female pseudonym; wake up with a dead woman in his bed.
The thriller follows Malone as he finds himself caught up in a turf war between Irish racketeers, the Russian Mafia and a Columbian cartel.
Mr Grainger previously taught English, history and acted as director of physical education at St John's School in Sidmouth between 1986 and 1999.
He was also a coach at Sidmouth Rugby Club.
You may also want to watch:
In 1996 he published The Last Latrine, which was based on his travel experiences including running the 1993 Reebok Everest Marathon.
The book is available to purchase on Amazon.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 10 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club