Former Sidmouth teacher releases first thriller
- Credit: Archant
A former Sidmouth teacher is set to thrill readers with his debut fictional novel.
Richard Grainger has released Losing the Plot, the first in his Richie Malone series, following an old-school philanderer and writer caught in a dangerous plot. The book sees Richie Malone, a writer who has made a fortune writing pornographic novels under a female pseudonym; wake up with a dead woman in his bed.
The thriller follows Malone as he finds himself caught up in a turf war between Irish racketeers, the Russian Mafia and a Columbian cartel.
Mr Grainger previously taught English, history and acted as director of physical education at St John's School in Sidmouth between 1986 and 1999.
He was also a coach at Sidmouth Rugby Club.
You may also want to watch:
In 1996 he published The Last Latrine, which was based on his travel experiences including running the 1993 Reebok Everest Marathon.
The book is available to purchase on Amazon.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz