Former Sidmouth teacher releases first thriller
- Credit: Archant
A former Sidmouth teacher is set to thrill readers with his debut fictional novel.
Richard Grainger has released Losing the Plot, the first in his Richie Malone series, following an old-school philanderer and writer caught in a dangerous plot. The book sees Richie Malone, a writer who has made a fortune writing pornographic novels under a female pseudonym; wake up with a dead woman in his bed.
The thriller follows Malone as he finds himself caught up in a turf war between Irish racketeers, the Russian Mafia and a Columbian cartel.
Mr Grainger previously taught English, history and acted as director of physical education at St John's School in Sidmouth between 1986 and 1999.
He was also a coach at Sidmouth Rugby Club.
You may also want to watch:
In 1996 he published The Last Latrine, which was based on his travel experiences including running the 1993 Reebok Everest Marathon.
The book is available to purchase on Amazon.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book