Awards flow for Branscombe pub
- Credit: Archant
Head of the table award for Branscombe pub as they win branch’s top prize
The Fountain Head in Branscombe has been commended for its quality ale and hospitable atmosphere as they received the Exeter and East Devon (EED) branch of the Campaign for Real Ale’s Summer Pub of the Year Award 2018.
Named after a local spring, the pub dates back to the 14th century and is supplied by the Branscombe Vale Brewery plus other guest South West brewers.
The Fountain Head was up against 900 other licensed premises in the East Devon area but beat off competition to now be eligible for a regional award.
EED branch memebers enjoyed the range of ales on offer as they presented the pub with its award.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the EED branch said: “We are absolutely delighted to be able to give the Fountain Head our award for Summer Pub for 2018.”
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98