Four killed in plane crash are named
- Credit: Archant
Police confirmed that the victims were all from the same family. They were killed when a plane bound for Dunkeswell crashed into a field in Somerset.
Police have named the four people who were killed when a plane bound for Dunkeswell crashed into a field in Somerset.
The victims were the pilot Philip Garvey, 56, his wife Ann, 55, their daughter Emily, 23, and their 20-year-old son Daniel.
The family are from the Woking area of Surrey.
They died when the six-seater plane they were travelling in crashed in a field near Buttles Lane, Churchinford.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened at just before 11.44am on Saturday (November 14).
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Police confirmed that the plane has now been recovered from the field for further examination, adding: “We are continuing to work with the Air Accidents Investigation Branch.”
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown