Four killed in plane crash are named
- Credit: Archant
Police confirmed that the victims were all from the same family. They were killed when a plane bound for Dunkeswell crashed into a field in Somerset.
Police have named the four people who were killed when a plane bound for Dunkeswell crashed into a field in Somerset.
The victims were the pilot Philip Garvey, 56, his wife Ann, 55, their daughter Emily, 23, and their 20-year-old son Daniel.
The family are from the Woking area of Surrey.
They died when the six-seater plane they were travelling in crashed in a field near Buttles Lane, Churchinford.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened at just before 11.44am on Saturday (November 14).
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Police confirmed that the plane has now been recovered from the field for further examination, adding: “We are continuing to work with the Air Accidents Investigation Branch.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary