Fourth restored chandelier now back in place at Sidholme Hotel Music Room
- Credit: Archant
Sidholme Hotel Music Room’s chandelier restoration project has passed another landmark, with the fourth of the glittering glass lights now back in place above the stage.
Members of the public were invited to come and see the restored chandelier being re-hung on Tuesday, November 26.
"It looks magnificent," said John McGregor, from the Friends of Sidholme Music Room, who have raised the funds for the project.
The chandelier was put back in place by the restorers, Kent-based Wilkinson Ltd, who also removed two smaller ones and took them away for repairs.
The project to upgrade the hotel's music room began six years ago, and has seen the organ restored, a new grand piano installed and fifteen wall lights renovated, as well as the four chandeliers.
You may also want to watch:
The Friends of Sidholme Music Room are continuing to raise funds, mainly through a series of concerts, to restore the remaining three chandeliers, and other features of the building.
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 3 Sidmouth defeat Boringdon in national competition
- 4 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 5 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 New youth project will help young people's voices to be heard
- 8 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 9 Communities encouraged to apply for rural building funds
- 10 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward