Sid Valley Rotary Club sponsor free blood pressure checks
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Residents will be able to benefit from free blood pressure checks this weekend thanks to the Sid Valley Rotary Club.
The club has sponsored the checks tomorrow (Saturday) as part of The Stroke Association’s Know Your Blood Pressure campaign, which is aiming to raise awareness of the link between high blood pressure and strokes.
Experts will be on hand to give advice as well as carry out the quick test between 10am and 3pm at East Devon Associates in High Street.
Joe Korner, director of external affairs at The Stroke Association has said: “High blood pressure does not present any symptoms and many people have no idea their health may be at risk.
“We estimate up to half of strokes could be prevented if people took steps to control it through diet, exercise or medication.”
You may also want to watch:
Chris Pink, from Sid Valley Rotary Club, said: “Do not believe that this only applies to old people; quite the contrary, those between 30 and 50 are probably the most at risk, so come along and be reassured.”
For more information, visit www.stroke.org.uk
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out