Sid Valley Rotary Club sponsor free blood pressure checks
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Residents will be able to benefit from free blood pressure checks this weekend thanks to the Sid Valley Rotary Club.
The club has sponsored the checks tomorrow (Saturday) as part of The Stroke Association’s Know Your Blood Pressure campaign, which is aiming to raise awareness of the link between high blood pressure and strokes.
Experts will be on hand to give advice as well as carry out the quick test between 10am and 3pm at East Devon Associates in High Street.
Joe Korner, director of external affairs at The Stroke Association has said: “High blood pressure does not present any symptoms and many people have no idea their health may be at risk.
“We estimate up to half of strokes could be prevented if people took steps to control it through diet, exercise or medication.”
You may also want to watch:
Chris Pink, from Sid Valley Rotary Club, said: “Do not believe that this only applies to old people; quite the contrary, those between 30 and 50 are probably the most at risk, so come along and be reassured.”
For more information, visit www.stroke.org.uk
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council