Free help offered to beat scams and distraction burglaries
THE East and Mid Devon Community safety partnership is waging a war on distraction burglaries and scams by offering two free sessions to tackle the issues.
THE East and Mid Devon Community safety partnership is waging a war on distraction burglaries and scams by offering
two free sessions to tackle the issues.
Professional actors have been hired by the group to present a musical and story-telling event.
The first session will be held on Friday March 13, from 9.45am-noon, at the Manor Pavilion Theatre, in Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
From 2.15pm until 4.30pm, the group will be in Ottery St Mary at the Institute, in Yonder Street.
Entry is free and refreshments will be served.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
The police, South West water and Devon Trading Standards will also be on hand to give information and advice.
East Devon District Council, Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service, Devon care and repair, Home safeguard, the Lions Club and Ottery St Mary's Later Life Forum are also taking part.