Free Ottery blood pressure tests to raise stroke awareness
THE Otter Valley Rotary Club wants to check Ottery s blood pressure in a bid to tackle the UK s third biggest killer next Saturday (April 25).
THE Otter Valley Rotary Club wants to check Ottery's blood pressure in a bid to tackle the UK's third biggest killer next Saturday (April 25).
Rotarians have teamed up with the Stroke Awareness Association to offer free blood pressure tests from 9am to 12.30pm in the Coleridge Playgroup, Jesu Street.
It is hoped the checks will raise awareness over the possibility and danger of strokes.
A Rotary Club spokesman said: "Strokes are one of the major causes of severe disabilities, affecting over 150,000 people each year and is the third most common cause of death in the UK.
"Rotary wants to create real awareness of this and invite people to come to a blood pressure test. If anyone is found to have a high blood pressure reading they will be advised to see their own doctor. However, there is no need to panic because it may be that a single test is not representative of a problem.
- 1 UPDATE: Man dies after A3052 accident
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 Do you have a crocodile bush near you?
- 4 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 5 Simply having a wonderful Christmas time in Sidmouth
- 6 Join fellow freelancers and homeworkers at Sidmouth's ‘Jelly' sessions
- 7 Three injured in Sidmouth road accident
- 8 From Sidmouth with solidarity: amnesty group writes to overseas political prisoners
- 9 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth