Free Ottery blood pressure tests to raise stroke awareness
THE Otter Valley Rotary Club wants to check Ottery s blood pressure in a bid to tackle the UK s third biggest killer next Saturday (April 25).
THE Otter Valley Rotary Club wants to check Ottery's blood pressure in a bid to tackle the UK's third biggest killer next Saturday (April 25).
Rotarians have teamed up with the Stroke Awareness Association to offer free blood pressure tests from 9am to 12.30pm in the Coleridge Playgroup, Jesu Street.
It is hoped the checks will raise awareness over the possibility and danger of strokes.
A Rotary Club spokesman said: "Strokes are one of the major causes of severe disabilities, affecting over 150,000 people each year and is the third most common cause of death in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
"Rotary wants to create real awareness of this and invite people to come to a blood pressure test. If anyone is found to have a high blood pressure reading they will be advised to see their own doctor. However, there is no need to panic because it may be that a single test is not representative of a problem.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight