Free parking plan for one afternoon in Ottery and more news
Next Saturday (November 26), both the EDDC-operated car parks in the Land of Canaan and Brook Street will be free from 2pm onwards. Read this and more.
FREE PARKING: Next Saturday, both the EDDC-operated car parks in the Land of Canaan and Brook Street will be free from 2pm onwards They have been made free the day after Ottery’s late-night shopping event, and Viv Abbott, from Abbott’s hardware store, hopes people will come back to the town and continue to support the local businesses.
MARKET: Ottery Parish Church us holding a Christmas Market on Saturday, November 26, from 10am to 2.30pm. Coffee and mince pies will be served and there will also be a soup lunch available from noon until 2pm. Entrance is free and there will be stalls selling a range of goods, a raffle, face painting, and the church choir will be on hand to sing carols.
You may also want to watch:
MEN’S FORUM: The next talk will be by Mr P Algar entitled ‘Goodbye Old Chap’ on Wednesday, November 30, from 3pm to 4pm in the Institute on Yonder Street. For more information, contact Harry Phillips on 01404 814524.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
HOLIDAY COTTAGE: An application to convert an outbuilding at Coombelake Cottage into a one-bedroom holiday cottage has been approved by East Devon District Council.