Free parking plan for one afternoon in Ottery and more news
Next Saturday (November 26), both the EDDC-operated car parks in the Land of Canaan and Brook Street will be free from 2pm onwards. Read this and more.
FREE PARKING: Next Saturday, both the EDDC-operated car parks in the Land of Canaan and Brook Street will be free from 2pm onwards They have been made free the day after Ottery’s late-night shopping event, and Viv Abbott, from Abbott’s hardware store, hopes people will come back to the town and continue to support the local businesses.
MARKET: Ottery Parish Church us holding a Christmas Market on Saturday, November 26, from 10am to 2.30pm. Coffee and mince pies will be served and there will also be a soup lunch available from noon until 2pm. Entrance is free and there will be stalls selling a range of goods, a raffle, face painting, and the church choir will be on hand to sing carols.
You may also want to watch:
MEN’S FORUM: The next talk will be by Mr P Algar entitled ‘Goodbye Old Chap’ on Wednesday, November 30, from 3pm to 4pm in the Institute on Yonder Street. For more information, contact Harry Phillips on 01404 814524.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
HOLIDAY COTTAGE: An application to convert an outbuilding at Coombelake Cottage into a one-bedroom holiday cottage has been approved by East Devon District Council.