Free Sidmouth picnic to thank Campaign 2010 backers
Plenty of music promised at Sidmouth Living With Cancer thank you picnic on Sunday
THERE will be plenty of music for those who join in a celebration picnic at Blackmore Gardens, Sidmouth, on Sunday.
Bill and Evelyn Lankester have booked Exeter Pipe and Drum Band and Ottery St Mary Silver Band to play on June 12 during a community picnic they have organised as a thank you to people for their help in raising �52,000 for a mini-bus for Sidmouth Living With Cancer Support Group last year.
Bill said: “Large cakes have been made for us and we are going to give everybody who comes a piece, in celebration of us getting the mini-bus.”
The event, which runs from 2pm to 4.30pm is free and, said Bill, “We would like as many people to come along as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“We will have the mini-bus on display and want to thank all members of the public and organisations who have contributed towards it.
Bill, who thanked the Sidmouth Herald for its support through Campaign 2010, said there would be a few stalls, such as bric-a-brac, tombola and prize draw, to cover costs.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
People are asked to bring their own chairs and take home their rubbish.
If it is wet, the picnic will be held at St John’s Ambulance HQ, Blackmore Drive.
Bill said: “We are now using the mini-bus on a regular basis for our members and are using it for other organisations in the town. This event is our way of saying a big “Thank You!”