Free Sidmouth picnic to thank Campaign 2010 backers
Plenty of music promised at Sidmouth Living With Cancer thank you picnic on Sunday
THERE will be plenty of music for those who join in a celebration picnic at Blackmore Gardens, Sidmouth, on Sunday.
Bill and Evelyn Lankester have booked Exeter Pipe and Drum Band and Ottery St Mary Silver Band to play on June 12 during a community picnic they have organised as a thank you to people for their help in raising �52,000 for a mini-bus for Sidmouth Living With Cancer Support Group last year.
Bill said: “Large cakes have been made for us and we are going to give everybody who comes a piece, in celebration of us getting the mini-bus.”
The event, which runs from 2pm to 4.30pm is free and, said Bill, “We would like as many people to come along as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“We will have the mini-bus on display and want to thank all members of the public and organisations who have contributed towards it.
Bill, who thanked the Sidmouth Herald for its support through Campaign 2010, said there would be a few stalls, such as bric-a-brac, tombola and prize draw, to cover costs.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
People are asked to bring their own chairs and take home their rubbish.
If it is wet, the picnic will be held at St John’s Ambulance HQ, Blackmore Drive.
Bill said: “We are now using the mini-bus on a regular basis for our members and are using it for other organisations in the town. This event is our way of saying a big “Thank You!”