Friends of the Byes bag £640 planting award
- Credit: Archant
A STUNNING Sidmouth attraction boasting scores of wildflowers has been handed a boost thanks to a £640 gift.
Friends of the Byes have been awarded the sum from the Sid Vale Association’s Keith Owen Fund to plant more blooms at Sid Meadow.
Volunteers gave up their Saturday morning to collect further funds for the project in various locations throughout Sidmouth to help raise the small difference – netting £231.
Help is being sought for further volunteers’ sessions at the beauty spot.
Seeding will take place tomorrow (April 19). Next Saturday (April 26), there will be a clearing of the Toll House flower bed and planting of more trees along the river bank. Planting of herbs and mulberries in the Community Orchard and mulching of trees on May 10.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in taking part can meet in the Community Orchard. Sessions take place from 10am to noon.
Contact Kati on 01395 578344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses