Friends of the Byes bag £640 planting award
- Credit: Archant
A STUNNING Sidmouth attraction boasting scores of wildflowers has been handed a boost thanks to a £640 gift.
Friends of the Byes have been awarded the sum from the Sid Vale Association’s Keith Owen Fund to plant more blooms at Sid Meadow.
Volunteers gave up their Saturday morning to collect further funds for the project in various locations throughout Sidmouth to help raise the small difference – netting £231.
Help is being sought for further volunteers’ sessions at the beauty spot.
Seeding will take place tomorrow (April 19). Next Saturday (April 26), there will be a clearing of the Toll House flower bed and planting of more trees along the river bank. Planting of herbs and mulberries in the Community Orchard and mulching of trees on May 10.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in taking part can meet in the Community Orchard. Sessions take place from 10am to noon.
Contact Kati on 01395 578344 or email email@example.com for more information.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity