Friends raise £1,500 to help support people at the end of life
- Credit: Archant
Seaton and District Hospital League of Friends has received a generous £1,500 donation from its supporters in Beer.
The money was raised by the Beer Music 4 Life group and also the Beer Bag Project.
It will go to the Seaton Friends Hospiscare@Home service, which is funded entirely by the league of friends.
The service is for patients registered with a medical practice in Beer, Colyton or Seaton, who are in their final months or weeks of life and would like to be cared for at home until they die.
The service offers end-of-life expertise, as well as advice and support to both the patient and their family.
You may also want to watch:
Annie Boalch and her team, Gill Carthy and Liz Fahey, from Beer, presented the cheque to the league’s chairman, Dr Mark Welland, and trustees Pam Page and Kirstine House, and alsoHospiscare nurse Hazel Barber and team leader Mary Ashby.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 8 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles