Friendships forged at Ottery reunion
HALF a century later and friendships were once again forged as 50 ex-classmates from an Ottery School met for a reunion. The gathering, which took place at the Old Boys School on Saturday, was hailed as a success by Moira Lascelles, 64, of West Hill who
HALF a century later and friendships were once again forged as 50 ex-classmates from an Ottery School met for a reunion.
The gathering, which took place at the Old Boys School on Saturday, was hailed as a success by Moira Lascelles, 64, of West Hill who brought the former Ottery St Mary Girls School students together again.
She said: "It was very successful. One lady came from Canada, another from Dorset and quite a few from South Devon. Going by the noise level everybody had a lovely time.
"It was amazingly comfortable and it was amazing how many people recognised each other. For ladies of a certain age we didn't look too bad!"
You may also want to watch:
The women swapped phone numbers and email addresses and plans are already in the pipeline for individuals to meet up.
Moira added: "It was really nice to find out little things that people had done. I think from old acquaintances a few friends will be made."
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
At the end of the evening a beautiful bouquet of flowers was presented to Moira and she has expressed her gratitude.
"I would like to thank everyone for making the night absolutely wonderful and the flowers were such a lovely thought," she said.