From Elton John and The Hoff to Sidmouth!
HE’S performed around the world at venues like Madison Square Garden and Wembley Arena – with stars like Elton John and Diana Ross – but musician Andy Sturmey has never played in his home town - until now.
Sidmouth resident Andy, 49, will swap backing top acts like Weslife in front of thousands to being special guest at an evening with popular Tia and Paul Roberts at Kennaway House on Sunday (July 29).
It will be Andy’s first-ever Sidmouth gig in a distinguished career.
Pianist and backing musician Andy has also performed in West End musicals and helped stars like Michael Crawford, Michael Ball, Denise Van Outen and David Hasselhoff prepare for top show roles.
He says he’s looking forward to playing to up to 100 people at Kennaway House and added: “This is my first concert in Sidmouth, I’ve been waiting to do it for a long time. It’s going to be an intimate setting.
“It will be very different to what I’m used to – and maybe even more inspiring because when you’re playing big stadiums like the Hollywood Bowl or O2 Arena you don’t really see the audience – it’s dark and you just see lights and cameras flashing.” Doors for next Sunday’s concert open at 7pm. Tickets (�10) are available from the venue and Fitzalan Gems.
- 1 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 2 Broadband firm apologises for late-night roadworks noise
- 3 Ottery's beautiful and historic church - 'little sister' to Exeter Cathedral
- 4 Sidmouth greenkeepers fighting for the perfect bowling surface
- 5 'A rise in parking charges will hit locals hardest'
- 6 What makes Sidmouth the perfect place to live?
- 7 Major road in Sidmouth to close for THREE months
- 8 Mayor's New Year message and ideas sought for Jubilee celebrations
- 9 New pizza restaurant opens on Sidmouth seafront
- 10 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'