From Elton John and The Hoff to Sidmouth!
HE’S performed around the world at venues like Madison Square Garden and Wembley Arena – with stars like Elton John and Diana Ross – but musician Andy Sturmey has never played in his home town - until now.
Sidmouth resident Andy, 49, will swap backing top acts like Weslife in front of thousands to being special guest at an evening with popular Tia and Paul Roberts at Kennaway House on Sunday (July 29).
It will be Andy’s first-ever Sidmouth gig in a distinguished career.
Pianist and backing musician Andy has also performed in West End musicals and helped stars like Michael Crawford, Michael Ball, Denise Van Outen and David Hasselhoff prepare for top show roles.
He says he’s looking forward to playing to up to 100 people at Kennaway House and added: “This is my first concert in Sidmouth, I’ve been waiting to do it for a long time. It’s going to be an intimate setting.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be very different to what I’m used to – and maybe even more inspiring because when you’re playing big stadiums like the Hollywood Bowl or O2 Arena you don’t really see the audience – it’s dark and you just see lights and cameras flashing.” Doors for next Sunday’s concert open at 7pm. Tickets (�10) are available from the venue and Fitzalan Gems.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge