Fun day fundraiser for Sidmouth's St John's
IT CERTAINLY was a fun afternoon for everyone at St John s School Fun Day on Saturday, which raised more than �1,000 for its PTFA.
IT CERTAINLY was a fun afternoon for everyone at St John's School Fun Day on Saturday, which raised more than �1,000 for its PTFA.
About 350 people turned up to enjoy a variety of games, including egg throwing, pig racing, the greasy pole, tug of war and sack races.
Will Price won the Keepy Uppy contest by kicking a football in the air 190 times, while Max Mayor, six, won the World Cup fancy hat contest, with Kyra Stout second.
Max was judged by members of Coly River Jazz Band to be the best because he used flags from around the world on his hat.
Clare Robson won the guess the weight of the cake competition.
Head teacher Angela Parry-Davies said of the day: "This year's Fun Day at St John's was a huge success and I would like to say a big thank you to everyone involved and everyone who came on the day.
- 1 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 2 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 3 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 4 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 5 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 6 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 7 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 8 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 9 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 10 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland
"We had lots of wonderful, colourful entries for our World Cup fancy hat competition which really reflected the international nature of our school.
"Not only did we raise a significant amount of money for the PTFA, which supports our school, but most importantly we had lots of fun - and it was even a beautiful sunny day on our playing fields overlooking the sea in Sidmouth.
"A perfect day out for our overseas students and our local families.