Fun in the sun at Fortescue, Sidmouth
Picnic in the sun is hit with Fortescue residents
YOU don’t need an excuse for a party and residents from Fortescue, Sidmouth, enjoyed great food, music and a chat with neighbours in the June sunshine.
For the past three years, a committee of Fortescue locals have organised the outdoor picnic treat.
“People have asked for it to be repeated because it is such a lovely way of getting to know everyone in the hamlet,” said committee chairman Sheelagh Michelmore.
“The committee works hard and it is highly successful. I hope it will go on.”
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to Andrew and Jeanette Prettejohn, who lent their field, about 90 attended.
“We had an amazing picnic meal, provided by all the people who came, with the committee providing extra items,” said Mrs Michelmore.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
Steve Knight’s The Dead Skunk Revival band entertained partygoers while children enjoyed playing on a bouncy castle.
Dan Prettejohn’s pictures sum up the fun everyone had during the event.