Fun in the sun at Fortescue, Sidmouth
Picnic in the sun is hit with Fortescue residents
YOU don’t need an excuse for a party and residents from Fortescue, Sidmouth, enjoyed great food, music and a chat with neighbours in the June sunshine.
For the past three years, a committee of Fortescue locals have organised the outdoor picnic treat.
“People have asked for it to be repeated because it is such a lovely way of getting to know everyone in the hamlet,” said committee chairman Sheelagh Michelmore.
“The committee works hard and it is highly successful. I hope it will go on.”
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to Andrew and Jeanette Prettejohn, who lent their field, about 90 attended.
“We had an amazing picnic meal, provided by all the people who came, with the committee providing extra items,” said Mrs Michelmore.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 3 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 4 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 5 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 6 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
- 9 Sidmouth bowlers suffer Madeira defeat
- 10 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
Steve Knight’s The Dead Skunk Revival band entertained partygoers while children enjoyed playing on a bouncy castle.
Dan Prettejohn’s pictures sum up the fun everyone had during the event.