Fun runners named Sidbury’s villagers of year
- Credit: Archant
A panel of judges has named two active Sidbury residents who kept a fun run alive as their villagers of the year.
The sought-after accolade is shared between Monique Pike, who started the event during the annual fair week, and Rob Summers, who has taken it on.
They were presented with the Jim Rogers Memorial Cup, which last year went to Olympian Mary King.
Monique, who is the parish church council’s treasurer and a member of a number of other committees, said: “The week is probably the only time of year that all walks of life come together – we are all really proud of it.”
The Toulouse native moved to Sidbury after marrying into a family with a strong connection to the village, and shares their desire to preserve its way of life.
You may also want to watch:
Monique set up a fun run that is still going more than a decade on, attracting entrants of all ages, and now fireworks committee chairman Rob has brought a new lease of life.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view