Fundraisers form group
A FUNDRAISING group for Macmillan Cancer Support has been formed in Branscombe and Colyton.
The group, with Sheila Wilcox as its chairman, will be holding several events during 2011, the charity’s centenary year.
Sheila said: “All of us know someone who has been affected by cancer and we as a group felt it was a great time during Macmillan’s 100th year to establish ourselves as fundraisers. We already have plans for events and look forward to welcoming people to the cause.”
“Macmillan is such a wonderful charity and the care and support it gives to those living with cancer and their carers is tremendous.”
Macmillan’s East Devon area chairman Tricia Heard welcomed the formation of another group in the area. She said: “We are very grateful to Sheila for helping in this way. The support from our volunteers and fundraisers is at the heart of everything we do to improve the daily lives of the people we work with. We already have 80 professionals in East Devon working for Macmillan and with a �2million investment in place to increase this number with more Macmillan nurses and other health care and financial advisors you can see how important our groups are. I wish Branscombe and Colyton group much success in 2011.”
If you would like a talk about Macmillan, contact Tricia on (01395) 519317 or email@example.com.
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 3 Exeter vaccine centre at Greendale will remain open
- 4 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 5 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 6 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 7 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 8 New police station will help address challenges in keeping residents safe
- 9 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 10 Fire training exercise at Newton Poppleford