Fundraisers form group
A FUNDRAISING group for Macmillan Cancer Support has been formed in Branscombe and Colyton.
The group, with Sheila Wilcox as its chairman, will be holding several events during 2011, the charity’s centenary year.
Sheila said: “All of us know someone who has been affected by cancer and we as a group felt it was a great time during Macmillan’s 100th year to establish ourselves as fundraisers. We already have plans for events and look forward to welcoming people to the cause.”
“Macmillan is such a wonderful charity and the care and support it gives to those living with cancer and their carers is tremendous.”
Macmillan’s East Devon area chairman Tricia Heard welcomed the formation of another group in the area. She said: “We are very grateful to Sheila for helping in this way. The support from our volunteers and fundraisers is at the heart of everything we do to improve the daily lives of the people we work with. We already have 80 professionals in East Devon working for Macmillan and with a �2million investment in place to increase this number with more Macmillan nurses and other health care and financial advisors you can see how important our groups are. I wish Branscombe and Colyton group much success in 2011.”
You may also want to watch:
If you would like a talk about Macmillan, contact Tricia on (01395) 519317 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary