Fundraising concert in Sidmouth for Kenya projects
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth woman is hoping to raise funds to take part in charity projects in Kenya with a free concert in the parish church.
Angie Carney, who works at the Salvation Army headquarters, said she ‘leapt at the opportunity’ to take part in the mission after being asked by her boss Helen Schofield.
But before she goes at Easter she is trying to raise as much money to help projects in the African country, including a blind school and a children’s home for kids orphaned by AIDS.
She has organised a fundraising concert for Sunday, February 9, at 7.30pm, featuring a local Salvation Army Youth Band and the Sidmouth Gospel Choir at the parish church.
Angie, who organises the community Christmas lunch in Sidmouth with her husband so people don’t have to be by themselves, admitted it will be a ‘challenge’ given she has ever been to Kenya before.
You may also want to watch:
“But I have been thinking about doing something like this for whole now, so it was great to be asked,” she added.
Mrs Carney will also be visiting a Salvation Army Church in the heart of a slum, adding: “I know it will be challenging but I thinks its important that as a Christian that I expose myself to a place like that, to see God at work where people have nothing.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
For more information on the concert or how to sponsor Angie contact 01392 822103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.