Fundraising drive launched for Salcombe Regis Fair
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of supporters enjoyed tea and cake at a fundraising launch for the Salcombe Regis Fair.
An Easter coffee morning was the beginning of a drive which fair organisers hope will raise thousands of pounds.
The money collected from the event will help raise funds for the flower festival in Salcombe Regis Church on fair day – May 31.
The family fair will be supporting Living with Cancer, Admiral Nurse, Sidmouth Hospiscare and Sidmouth Surf Lifesaving Club.
Mike Newman, chairman of Salcombe Regis Fair, said he was thrilled with the turn out at the launch and thanked all those who attended.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Barry Lowden, chairman of Sidmouth Hospiscare, said he was delighted that they had been nominated as one of the sponsored charities.
He added: “Sidmouth Hospiscare is funded solely by the generosity of people within the community and events like this are very much appreciated.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites