GALLERY: Sidmouth College pupils stroll for charity
- Credit: Archant
The sun came out for Sidmouth College’s annual all-school fund-raiser - as all 800 pupils pulled on their walking boots for charity.
A portion of the yet-to-be-finalised total will be donated to the Admiral Nurse Campaign, which is the school’s charity of the year.
The appeal was launched by the Sid Valley Memory Café, in partnership with the Herald, to raise £100,000 to bring a dementia specialist to the area.
The rest of the money will go into school funds and be used to provide additional resources and facilities.
Students and staff set off at 9.15am from the Primley Road campus for the 23km walk around Sidmouth and Colaton Raleigh.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the pupils wore gold in recognition of the school turning 50 this year.
Year 11 pupils Gabriel Broom and Joe Buckland were the first to return to base.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
The school will announce the total later this year.