GALLERY: Sidmouth College pupils stroll for charity
- Credit: Archant
The sun came out for Sidmouth College’s annual all-school fund-raiser - as all 800 pupils pulled on their walking boots for charity.
A portion of the yet-to-be-finalised total will be donated to the Admiral Nurse Campaign, which is the school’s charity of the year.
The appeal was launched by the Sid Valley Memory Café, in partnership with the Herald, to raise £100,000 to bring a dementia specialist to the area.
The rest of the money will go into school funds and be used to provide additional resources and facilities.
Students and staff set off at 9.15am from the Primley Road campus for the 23km walk around Sidmouth and Colaton Raleigh.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the pupils wore gold in recognition of the school turning 50 this year.
Year 11 pupils Gabriel Broom and Joe Buckland were the first to return to base.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
The school will announce the total later this year.