GALLERY: Sidmouth College year 11 ball
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth College year 11 pupils commandeered buses, classic cars and campers to arrive in style at Woodbury Park for an emotional send-off at their leavers’ ball.
Head of year Martin Long said: “I have never been more proud of year 11 as I have been over these last few months.
“They have worked incredibly hard on their exam revision, taken their exams very seriously and supported each other through the difficult few weeks of the exams themselves.”
Pupil Bethany Pugsley said: “The end of year ball gave everyone a wonderful send-off and a chance to create memories that we will always hold on to.
“The expectations were high and the reality even better.
You may also want to watch:
“The days in year seven seem so long ago - to see how everyone has grown together and become such a close year group was very clear at the ball.
“It was not only a cherished goodbye for those of us not returning to sixth form at Sidmouth College, but also for our head of year, Mr Long.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 4 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 5 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 8 Ottery St Mary sadly lose a club legend
- 9 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
“His efforts that have guided us through Sidmouth College have been second to none and are widely appreciated.
“Best of luck to everyone in the class of 2009 to 2014 in the future.”