GALLERY: Sidmouth College year 11 ball
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth College year 11 pupils commandeered buses, classic cars and campers to arrive in style at Woodbury Park for an emotional send-off at their leavers’ ball.
Head of year Martin Long said: “I have never been more proud of year 11 as I have been over these last few months.
“They have worked incredibly hard on their exam revision, taken their exams very seriously and supported each other through the difficult few weeks of the exams themselves.”
Pupil Bethany Pugsley said: “The end of year ball gave everyone a wonderful send-off and a chance to create memories that we will always hold on to.
“The expectations were high and the reality even better.
You may also want to watch:
“The days in year seven seem so long ago - to see how everyone has grown together and become such a close year group was very clear at the ball.
“It was not only a cherished goodbye for those of us not returning to sixth form at Sidmouth College, but also for our head of year, Mr Long.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
“His efforts that have guided us through Sidmouth College have been second to none and are widely appreciated.
“Best of luck to everyone in the class of 2009 to 2014 in the future.”