GALLERY: Sidmouth Stand Up to Cancer
- Credit: Archant
Chocolate orange was the flavour of the day, as people in Sidmouth made a stand against cancer last Friday, October 17.
This was just the second year the town has embraced the national Stand Up to Cancer campaign and it has proved a storming success, raising more than £1,000 and counting.
Businesses across Sidmouth were decked out in orange and black for the cause and people used the occasion as a good excuse to don their wigs, tutus and fancy dress.
Taste of Sidmouth sold special chocolate orange ice cream and cupcakes for the cause, while Roly’s Fudge Pantry got involved with their chocolate orange fudge.
Diane Davies, Sidmouth’s Cancer Research shop manager, thanked all of the businesses who took part, issuing a special thank-you to volunteers, without whom the campaign would not have happened.
You may also want to watch:
The shop ran a tombola with fantastic prizes donated from businesses and local artist and volunteer, George Hutchinson donated two pictures.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 7 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall