GALLERY: Sidmouth stands up to cancer
- Credit: Archant
With a host of colourful wigs and a good deal of community spirit, Sidmouth businesses did their bit to Stand Up to Cancer.
The annual fundraising day for Cancer Research UK took place in the town on Friday, October 9, and gained ‘fantastic’ support from groups and individuals.
Staff at Taste of Sidmouth donned wigs, baked cakes and donated all of their tips from the day to the cause, while teams from Dukes, The Hotel Elizabeth and the Kingswood and Devoran Hotel all did their bit with orange-themed outfits.
Debbie Kerkhof, the manager of the Cancer Research UK shop in Fore Street, thanked everyone who got involved and helped make the day such a success.
She said: “Local businesses have been really fantastic and helped support us.
You may also want to watch:
“People in the town have also been terrific and support the shop all year round.”
She added that the shop urgently needs volunteers and asked anyone who might be interested to call in.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank