GALLERY: Sidmouth stands up to cancer
- Credit: Archant
With a host of colourful wigs and a good deal of community spirit, Sidmouth businesses did their bit to Stand Up to Cancer.
The annual fundraising day for Cancer Research UK took place in the town on Friday, October 9, and gained ‘fantastic’ support from groups and individuals.
Staff at Taste of Sidmouth donned wigs, baked cakes and donated all of their tips from the day to the cause, while teams from Dukes, The Hotel Elizabeth and the Kingswood and Devoran Hotel all did their bit with orange-themed outfits.
Debbie Kerkhof, the manager of the Cancer Research UK shop in Fore Street, thanked everyone who got involved and helped make the day such a success.
She said: “Local businesses have been really fantastic and helped support us.
You may also want to watch:
“People in the town have also been terrific and support the shop all year round.”
She added that the shop urgently needs volunteers and asked anyone who might be interested to call in.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival