GALLERY: Sidmouth stands up to cancer
- Credit: Archant
With a host of colourful wigs and a good deal of community spirit, Sidmouth businesses did their bit to Stand Up to Cancer.
The annual fundraising day for Cancer Research UK took place in the town on Friday, October 9, and gained ‘fantastic’ support from groups and individuals.
Staff at Taste of Sidmouth donned wigs, baked cakes and donated all of their tips from the day to the cause, while teams from Dukes, The Hotel Elizabeth and the Kingswood and Devoran Hotel all did their bit with orange-themed outfits.
Debbie Kerkhof, the manager of the Cancer Research UK shop in Fore Street, thanked everyone who got involved and helped make the day such a success.
She said: “Local businesses have been really fantastic and helped support us.
You may also want to watch:
“People in the town have also been terrific and support the shop all year round.”
She added that the shop urgently needs volunteers and asked anyone who might be interested to call in.
- 1 Husband and wife team take over at White & Son Shoes
- 2 Headteacher pays tribute to small school with a huge heart
- 3 New women’s team created at Sidmouth Rugby Club
- 4 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 5 Men replicating ladies at Ottery Bowls Club
- 6 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 7 Latest news and results from Sidmouth Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 9 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 10 Rob to serve up your top topping for your perfect pizza this month