Gallery: Sidmouth switches on its Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Sidmouth as the town’s festive lights were switched on for the first time.
Olympian Jo Pavey was the guest of honour on Saturday as crowds gathered to watch the 10,000 metre runner turn on the lights.
Mel Gater, chairman of Sidmouth’s Chamber of Commerce, thanked the town council for providing ‘wonderful lights’.
She added: “The Saturday light switch-on was fantastically well supported by adults and children
You may also want to watch:
“We were delighted that Fields had decided to stay open until 7pm, along with a few other local shops around the square help to create a wonderful festive feel.”
Henry Trim was the winner of Gliddons Toy Shop golden ticket competition, winning a voucher for £100.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again