Gallery: Sidmouth switches on its Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Sidmouth as the town’s festive lights were switched on for the first time.
Olympian Jo Pavey was the guest of honour on Saturday as crowds gathered to watch the 10,000 metre runner turn on the lights.
Mel Gater, chairman of Sidmouth’s Chamber of Commerce, thanked the town council for providing ‘wonderful lights’.
She added: “The Saturday light switch-on was fantastically well supported by adults and children
You may also want to watch:
“We were delighted that Fields had decided to stay open until 7pm, along with a few other local shops around the square help to create a wonderful festive feel.”
Henry Trim was the winner of Gliddons Toy Shop golden ticket competition, winning a voucher for £100.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival