Garden centre fun day raises £500 for charity
- Credit: Archant
Llama petting, cheese tasting and face painting were just a selection of fun activities open to all when Sidmouth Garden Centre hosted a charity fun day last weekend.
The event was held in aid of the Mare and Foal Sanctuary, which has recently opened a new shop in Sidmouth, and Children’s Hospice South West.
Centre manager James Trevett said: “We raised roughly £500 for the two charities. We have gone back to raising money for Children’s Hospice because it is a brilliant charity that we have worked with quite a lot in the past.
“This is not our busiest time of the year, but we had 700 people through the door.”
Other activities included beeswax candle making and barbecue demonstrations.
You may also want to watch:
James added: “There were staff not meant to be working who still wanted to come in. Thank you to the local businesses who came in and gave up their time.”
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout