Garden centre fun day raises £500 for charity
- Credit: Archant
Llama petting, cheese tasting and face painting were just a selection of fun activities open to all when Sidmouth Garden Centre hosted a charity fun day last weekend.
The event was held in aid of the Mare and Foal Sanctuary, which has recently opened a new shop in Sidmouth, and Children’s Hospice South West.
Centre manager James Trevett said: “We raised roughly £500 for the two charities. We have gone back to raising money for Children’s Hospice because it is a brilliant charity that we have worked with quite a lot in the past.
“This is not our busiest time of the year, but we had 700 people through the door.”
Other activities included beeswax candle making and barbecue demonstrations.
You may also want to watch:
James added: “There were staff not meant to be working who still wanted to come in. Thank you to the local businesses who came in and gave up their time.”
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 The keys to good teamwork? Trust, communiication, commitment and accountability