Garden centre van gets grassy makeover
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Garden Centre has a head-turning green machine after the manager followed through on a promised prank.
While the owner was away, the employees played, and their dented, old van had a fake lawn makeover.
Manager James Trevett had also threatened to cover Ian Barlow’s lawn in feed, but said the full day’s work converting the van has been ‘well worth it’.
“We were having a bit of banter about the tricks we would play while Ian was away,” he said. “There were quite a few dents to hide so we went ahead with it.
“It certainly gets people’s attention, and the kids love it.
You may also want to watch:
“We don’t take ourselves massively seriously here.”
The fake lawn, which they sell in store, has been permanently stuck on with glue.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live