Garden centre van gets grassy makeover
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Garden Centre has a head-turning green machine after the manager followed through on a promised prank.
While the owner was away, the employees played, and their dented, old van had a fake lawn makeover.
Manager James Trevett had also threatened to cover Ian Barlow’s lawn in feed, but said the full day’s work converting the van has been ‘well worth it’.
“We were having a bit of banter about the tricks we would play while Ian was away,” he said. “There were quite a few dents to hide so we went ahead with it.
“It certainly gets people’s attention, and the kids love it.
You may also want to watch:
“We don’t take ourselves massively seriously here.”
The fake lawn, which they sell in store, has been permanently stuck on with glue.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal