Garden centre van gets grassy makeover
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Garden Centre has a head-turning green machine after the manager followed through on a promised prank.
While the owner was away, the employees played, and their dented, old van had a fake lawn makeover.
Manager James Trevett had also threatened to cover Ian Barlow’s lawn in feed, but said the full day’s work converting the van has been ‘well worth it’.
“We were having a bit of banter about the tricks we would play while Ian was away,” he said. “There were quite a few dents to hide so we went ahead with it.
“It certainly gets people’s attention, and the kids love it.
You may also want to watch:
“We don’t take ourselves massively seriously here.”
The fake lawn, which they sell in store, has been permanently stuck on with glue.
- 1 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 4 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 8 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 9 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 10 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need