Gardeners needed for Sidmouth’s annual Balsam bashing
- Credit: Archant
Gardeners are desperately needed in the fight to keep the Sid Valley looking spick and span by joining the town’s annual Balsam bashing.
Green-fingered residents have all been invited by Sidmouth in Bloom to join the clearance initiative to get hard-working weed whackers primping the valley each Tuesday morning, between 9.30am and 1pm, until the end of August - when the seeds are set to ‘explode’.
This is the third year of the clearance and the aim is that by the end of this year the majority of the Sid Valley will be cleared.
Peter Endersby, of Sidmouth in Bloom, said they had already achieved so much and a reduction in Balsam growth had been noted.
“We have a regular group that meets but to reach our aim we need more volunteers.”
You may also want to watch:
The group will next meet on Tuesday, by the social club in Sidford, to help clear the river areas behind the rugby and football pitches.
Contact Peter, on 01395 578081 or by emailing email@example.com, if you would like to chip in. Please bring wellies and gloves.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 6 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 7 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start