Gas leak at Ottery school

PUBLISHED: 10:21 12 September 2012

�

Archant

Fire crews had to be called to The King’s School yesterday afternoon after reports of a gas leak in a classroom.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said two appliances, one from Ottery and another from Middlemoor, along with two officers, were called to the academy on Cadhay Lane around 4pm on Tuesday.

He said: “Upon arrival, crews discovered that one classroom had a strong smell of gas, and the crews started by ventilating the room.”

Check the Sidmouth Herald website for updates, and see Friday’s newspaper for the full story.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald