Boris Johnson arrives in East Devon
- Credit: PA
Boris Johnson has arrived in East Devon in support of his party’s candidate.
Mr Johnson joined Simon Jupp, Conservative candidate for East Devon at Darts Farm on Thursday (November 28).
The Prime Minister visited Chumleigh College in North Devon this morning.
Simon Jupp, Conservative candidate for East Devon, said: "He is a huge fan of Devon, he used to swim in the River Exe as a kid which is pretty cool.
"I would say we have got a huge champion in 10 Downing Street next month if we elect Boris Johnson as our Prime Minister."
You may also want to watch:
Neil Parish, Conservative candidate for Tiverton and Honiton said: "Its just good to have him down here.
"Love or hate Boris he is infectious - he has that something about him that cheers up to get on with life.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 3 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 4 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 5 Return to online meetings thanks to progressive alliance
- 6 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 7 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 8 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 9 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
"That is what he does. He will be to really spur us on and make sure we hold here."
The full list of East Devon Parlimentary Candidates is: Peter Faithfull (Independent), Henry Gent (Green Party), Simon Jupp (The Conservative Party), Eleanor Rylance (Liberal Democrats - To stop Brexit) Dan Wilson (The Labour Party candidate) and Claire Wright (Independent).
More to follow.