Boris Johnson arrives in East Devon
- Credit: PA
Boris Johnson has arrived in East Devon in support of his party’s candidate.
Mr Johnson joined Simon Jupp, Conservative candidate for East Devon at Darts Farm on Thursday (November 28).
The Prime Minister visited Chumleigh College in North Devon this morning.
Simon Jupp, Conservative candidate for East Devon, said: "He is a huge fan of Devon, he used to swim in the River Exe as a kid which is pretty cool.
"I would say we have got a huge champion in 10 Downing Street next month if we elect Boris Johnson as our Prime Minister."
You may also want to watch:
Neil Parish, Conservative candidate for Tiverton and Honiton said: "Its just good to have him down here.
"Love or hate Boris he is infectious - he has that something about him that cheers up to get on with life.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
"That is what he does. He will be to really spur us on and make sure we hold here."
The full list of East Devon Parlimentary Candidates is: Peter Faithfull (Independent), Henry Gent (Green Party), Simon Jupp (The Conservative Party), Eleanor Rylance (Liberal Democrats - To stop Brexit) Dan Wilson (The Labour Party candidate) and Claire Wright (Independent).
More to follow.