Generous offer boosts Sidmouth’s lifesaving club
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth business has committed itself to supporting the town’s Junior Surf Lifesaving Club by gifting it £600.
Jurassic Coast Coffee’s generous offer will buy feather flags to help the group deliver training sessions and community events.
Club chairman Dave Manley said: “As we now have over 50 members and, for safety, we need to marshal our participants into separate training areas on club days.
“These new feather flags will help to demarcate these areas. In addition, we will use them for the community events we support, such as the gig club regatta and Chestnut Appeal Ladram to Sidmouth Swim coming up at the end of the month.”
Jurassic Coast Coffee owner James Witty and Sidmouth manager Darryl Shepherd refreshed club members last Saturday morning prior to the club’s session.
You may also want to watch:
James said: “It’s great to support a club which provides valuable life skills to youngsters and adds colour and vibrancy to Sidmouth seafront.”
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon