Generous offer boosts Sidmouth’s lifesaving club
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth business has committed itself to supporting the town’s Junior Surf Lifesaving Club by gifting it £600.
Jurassic Coast Coffee’s generous offer will buy feather flags to help the group deliver training sessions and community events.
Club chairman Dave Manley said: “As we now have over 50 members and, for safety, we need to marshal our participants into separate training areas on club days.
“These new feather flags will help to demarcate these areas. In addition, we will use them for the community events we support, such as the gig club regatta and Chestnut Appeal Ladram to Sidmouth Swim coming up at the end of the month.”
Jurassic Coast Coffee owner James Witty and Sidmouth manager Darryl Shepherd refreshed club members last Saturday morning prior to the club’s session.
You may also want to watch:
James said: “It’s great to support a club which provides valuable life skills to youngsters and adds colour and vibrancy to Sidmouth seafront.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open