Get in the spirit with late-night shopping this evening
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s late-night shopping event returns, from 5pm to 8pm tonight (Friday).
Festivities will take place across the town, with refreshments available and lots going on in and outside many shops.
The event will boast handmade pizzas, zumba sessions and donkeys in the market square, while the scouts will be holding a raffle outside The Anchor and offering hot chestnuts in Church Street. Don’t miss carol singing and, performances from Sidmouth Town Band - or your chance to meet Father Christmas.
He will be in Market Place from 6.15pm, courtesy of the Lions Club of Sidmouth, and his helpers will be on hand in high-vis jackets for anyone who needs assistance.
There will be plenty of other attractions on offer and the whole area promises to be a treat, complete with appearances from a steam engine and the town’s famous ‘toast rack’ car.
You may also want to watch:
Tonight’s festivities will be followed tomorrow by Sidmouth’s first Velo Vintage ride, featuring cyclists in retro clobber and on vintage bikes and even a penny farthing or two.
See page 23 for more information about getting involved.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 3 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect