Get in the spirit with late-night shopping this evening
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s late-night shopping event returns, from 5pm to 8pm tonight (Friday).
Festivities will take place across the town, with refreshments available and lots going on in and outside many shops.
The event will boast handmade pizzas, zumba sessions and donkeys in the market square, while the scouts will be holding a raffle outside The Anchor and offering hot chestnuts in Church Street. Don’t miss carol singing and, performances from Sidmouth Town Band - or your chance to meet Father Christmas.
He will be in Market Place from 6.15pm, courtesy of the Lions Club of Sidmouth, and his helpers will be on hand in high-vis jackets for anyone who needs assistance.
There will be plenty of other attractions on offer and the whole area promises to be a treat, complete with appearances from a steam engine and the town’s famous ‘toast rack’ car.
You may also want to watch:
Tonight’s festivities will be followed tomorrow by Sidmouth’s first Velo Vintage ride, featuring cyclists in retro clobber and on vintage bikes and even a penny farthing or two.
See page 23 for more information about getting involved.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98