Get moving in 2018 with Sidmouth Running Club
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Running Club is launching its new year beginners’ course to help people get active.
Experienced coaches and run leaders will take participants through a programme that starts with a mixture of running and walking and aims to have everyone comfortably running three miles by the end of it.
In 2017 more than 40 beginners signed up and many went on to further challenges during the year.
Club chairman Terry Bewes said: “It was a fantastic take up and we had an incredible response by club members and run leaders who were so pleased to welcome new people along.”
The club is also offering an eight-week improvers’ course to anyone who has run before but needs an incentive to get going again, or solo runners who would like to progress with a group.
You may also want to watch:
“We are a very friendly club and it’s amazing how quickly the miles are covered if you’re chatting,” said run leader Claire Ashby. “And the great thing about running in a group is that everyone knows a different route so as well as club nights around town we cover a huge variety of trails in this beautiful countryside.”
Both courses start at Sidmouth Sailing Club at 7pm on Wednesday (January 3). They cost £20, which includes club membership for the year.
For more information, call Terry on 07734 581782 or visit www.sidmouthrunningclub.co.uk.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead