Get ready to make a mess
VOLUNTEERS are needed to help out with a fresh expression of church combining art, crafts, games and worship. Messy Church is an alternative style of church that is aimed at reaching nursery and primary school aged children and their parents who are not normally churchgoers.
VOLUNTEERS are needed to help out with a fresh expression of church combining art, crafts, games and worship.
Messy Church is an alternative style of church that is aimed at reaching nursery and primary school aged children and their parents who are not normally churchgoers.
The project is being run by new Sid Valley Team curate, Dave Brown, along with a small committee.
Mr Brown said: "Messy Church is a project which the Church of England might call a fresh expression of church. For us it means that we will be providing an alternative style of church which might appeal to different people especially families with young children.
You may also want to watch:
"It isn't a replacement for our current range of services, but a whole new style of service. The aim is to reach families with the good news of Jesus. Because the meetings are only once a month and the talks very short, we hope that many people will want to find out more and will perhaps join a home group, an enquirer's course or come along to one of our team's regular services."
Messy Church is held once a month on the second Thursday of the month at St Francis Hall in Woolbrook. The group has more than 40 volunteers, aged between 25 and 90, from all churches within the Sid Valley Team.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
For more information contact Rev Dave Brown on (01395) 579316.