Get set for a packed eight-day programme at Sidbury Fair Week
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury Fair Week returns with a full programme of events next weekend.
The eight-day event, which runs from September 12-20, will begin with a scarecrow competition and horticultural show.
Scarecrows should be brought to the parish rooms between 10am and noon on Saturday, September 12.
Across the road at the Village Inn, judges will be looking for the best in show. The general public will be able to view the exhibitions from 1pm.
Proceeds from vegetable auctions will be split between the Admiral Nurse Campaign and the Devon Air Ambulance Trust
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, September 13, participants will be limbering up for the 17th fun run and walk.
Competitors will need to register by 11am on the day or can pick up an entry form from the Red Lion Inn or Drews Butchers.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory
The streets will be packed on Wednesday, September 16, for Fair Day, beginning at 10am.
Visitors can browse a variety of stalls, photo exhibitions and take part in the Jordan Cross memorial duck race at 3.30pm.
Coffee, ploughman’s lunches and teas will be served in the village hall all day.
Clay shooting will take place from 10am to 3pm at Sidbury Manor.
Other events include a harvest thanksgiving service on Thursday, September 17, the throwing of the hot pennies on Tuesday, September 15, and an equestrian pleasure ride on Sunday, September 20.