Get set for Sid Vale Athletics’ day of races
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS have been urged to turn out and support Sid Vale Athletic’s annual dose of fun, and aid a pair of good causes in the process, on Sunday ( May 19).
The 1st Sid Vale Scouts Group’s bid for a new HQ and Sidvale Carnival Committee will be the beneficiaries of the sporty tradition.
Races for young and old and a fair with a host of games and stalls will take place at Sidford Rugby Field from 2pm to 5pm.
Organisers are also on the lookout for clubs or organisations that can benefit from next year’s event.
Marion Perry, secretary of Sid Vale Athletics, said: “If there’s any committee looking for money then they are welcome to approach us for next year. If nobody comes to us then they don’t get the chance to benefit from the money. The better the day is, the bigger the amount is.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s fun raised nearly £2,000 for Sidmouth Primary School’s minibus appeal, St John Ambulance and the Women’s Institute.
Sidmouth Running Club helps organise the fun and races.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
There will also be a barbecue and a bouncy castle.
Entry is £1.