Get set for Sid Vale Athletics’ day of races
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS have been urged to turn out and support Sid Vale Athletic’s annual dose of fun, and aid a pair of good causes in the process, on Sunday ( May 19).
The 1st Sid Vale Scouts Group’s bid for a new HQ and Sidvale Carnival Committee will be the beneficiaries of the sporty tradition.
Races for young and old and a fair with a host of games and stalls will take place at Sidford Rugby Field from 2pm to 5pm.
Organisers are also on the lookout for clubs or organisations that can benefit from next year’s event.
Marion Perry, secretary of Sid Vale Athletics, said: “If there’s any committee looking for money then they are welcome to approach us for next year. If nobody comes to us then they don’t get the chance to benefit from the money. The better the day is, the bigger the amount is.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s fun raised nearly £2,000 for Sidmouth Primary School’s minibus appeal, St John Ambulance and the Women’s Institute.
Sidmouth Running Club helps organise the fun and races.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
There will also be a barbecue and a bouncy castle.
Entry is £1.