Get tickets soon for candlelit street party in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Tickets go on sale next month for a candelit street party in Sidmouth as part of the regatta weekend celebrations.
The chamber of commerce is planning the black tie affair, which will run from 7.30pm until 10.30pm on Sunday, August 27.
Previous events have spilled across the town with 500 diners on 150 tables but this year it will be a more intimate meal with 84 tables, each seating six people in and around Market Place.
Chamber organisers have applied for a road closure between 6pm and 11pm down Old Fore Street, leaving Fore Street open.
Tickets will go on sale from 10am to 1pm on Saturday, July 15, at the Anchor Inn with a numbered queuing system starting early. No tickets can be ordered in advance.
You may also want to watch:
Any remaining tickets will be on sale at Sidsoft.
The net proceeds will be divided between Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce to fund community events and the Sidmouth Regatta Committee.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
The regatta will be held on August 26 and 27 – opening on Friday, August 25, with a display by the Red Arrows.