Get your nominations in for Sidmouth’s Citizen of the Year 2017
- Credit: Archant
It is the season of goodwill and so the perfect time to thank someone who has made a real difference to life in the area – by nominating them for the 2017 Citizen of the Year award.
The Rotary Club of Sidmouth is once again joining forces with the Sidmouth Herald to honour those who have made a real difference to life in and around the town.
Nominees can include charity workers or people who act on their own initiative to benefit the local community.
‘Inspirational’ Sidmouth in Bloom chairman Lynette Talbot shared the 2016 title with her team for the town’s success at regional and national competitions.
Previous winners include: Royal British Legion Sidmouth branch chairman and army veteran Dave O’Connor; Christmas Day lunch organisers Angie and Mick Carney; Barry Morton, a postman with a plethora of community-based pastimes; and big-hearted busker Wally Cotgrave.
You may also want to watch:
Nominations should be made on the form in the Herald and sent to Citizen of the Year 2017, Sidmouth Herald, Fair Oak Close, Exeter Airport Business Park, Clyst Honiton, Exeter, EX5 2UL.
Alternatively, place the completed nomination form in a sealed envelope and pop it into the Herald office at Kennaway House, Coburg Road, Sidmouth.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Photocopies will not be accepted.
The closing date is Saturday, January 20. The winner will be announced later in the year.