Gig Club fun quiz night proves a ‘Terrific’ hit
- Credit: Archant
Last week’s Sidmouth Gig Club report centred on the gruelling race on the Tamar. This week it’s rather different, writes Nick Thompson.
The second Saturday of March saw the club stage a fun quiz night at the Port Royal with the letter ‘T’ as the theme.
Things started with a conventional general knowledge round. This was followed by tea-tasting, where the teams attempted to identify mystery teas.
A music round of bands and artists beginning with the letter T was followed by the serving of tacos and chilli with tiramisu for desert.
Then came the film round in which members of the social committee dressed in a variety of outfits related to films ranging from Tarzan to Toy Story.
You may also want to watch:
The final round involved constructing the tallest and most stable tower from an assortment of boxes, tins, canes etc. Some stood up to the hair dryer wind test better than others. Everyone had an enjoyable evening and the money raised will go towards club funds.
The social committee puts on a variety of both rowing and non-rowing events throughout the year to run alongside the more serious training rows and regattas.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 7 School's hill climb challenge
- 8 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 9 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 10 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
The club is looking forward to the 2019 season and welcomes new members.
To find out more about the club, search online for ‘Sidmouth Gig Club’ or email email@example.com