Girl hurt in ‘nasty’ Sidmouth scooter accident
School headteacher issues helmet warning
A YOUNG girl suffered head injuries after she fell off a scooter in a ‘nasty’ accident.
Parents were thanked for coming to the stricken child’s aid last week as Sidmouth C of E Primary School headteacher Paul Walker issued a safety warning.
Mr Walker told parents: “Thankfully she is alright now, but please be aware of the dangers of children not wearing a cycle helmet when on a scooter.
“The little girl had head injuries because she fell off and hit the kerb. The ambulance service cannot stress the importance of this enough, as they see a lot of similar incidents.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Walker added the parents of the distressed girl thanked those who helped and cared for her at the scene.
- 1 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 2 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 3 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 6 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 7 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 10 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court