Girl hurt in ‘nasty’ Sidmouth scooter accident
School headteacher issues helmet warning
A YOUNG girl suffered head injuries after she fell off a scooter in a ‘nasty’ accident.
Parents were thanked for coming to the stricken child’s aid last week as Sidmouth C of E Primary School headteacher Paul Walker issued a safety warning.
Mr Walker told parents: “Thankfully she is alright now, but please be aware of the dangers of children not wearing a cycle helmet when on a scooter.
“The little girl had head injuries because she fell off and hit the kerb. The ambulance service cannot stress the importance of this enough, as they see a lot of similar incidents.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Walker added the parents of the distressed girl thanked those who helped and cared for her at the scene.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman