Girl injured in hit and run incident
- Credit: Archant
A SCHOOLGIRL suffered minor injuries when she was involved in a ‘hit and run’ with a white van on a zebra crossing in Sidmouth.
Police have appealed for witnesses and want to speak to the driver of the vehicle – which officers say left the scene.
The incident happened at the junction of Manstone Mead at around 6pm on Friday, March 22.
A force spokesman said the driver slowed down to check the girl was OK then drove off.
PCSO Alex Powe added that the accident happened during ‘school kicking out time’ and warned drivers to take extra care along the stretch when students are returning home.
You may also want to watch:
Contact police on 101, log number: 542 22/03/13.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 9 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98