Girls invited to new netball taster sessions
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth family, who live and breathe netball, is looking to set up the town’s very first junior teams.
Mother-of-three Louise Hastie said that there was no opportunity for girls in the town to play competitively outside of school.
Her two daughters play in Honiton, but Louise wants to offer an outlet to other girls after Exmouth and Axmouth set up their own clubs.
The sessions will be open to girls from year five to eight next month with the view to get a club up and running from September.
She said: “There has been a lot of support from England Netball to promote netball. From that, we have decided to set up our own club.
You may also want to watch:
“There is no outlet. There is plenty of football and rugby clubs for boys and girls, but they have nowhere to play competitively outside of school unless they go to Honiton.”
The taster events cost £1 and will be held on Tuesday, June 21, and Tuesday, June 28, at St John’s School sports hall.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
The under 12s’ session will run from 6.30pm to 7.30pm, followed by the under 14s from 7.30pm to 8.30pm.
To book a place on the taster session or to offer help coaching or sponsorship, email email@example.com or call 07908 846660.