African Dance workshop in Sidmouth
- Credit: Mundi Dance
Learn with a ‘wonderful and inclusive’ African dance teacher, to the accompaniment of live drumming
If you want to exercise more and would like to try something different, why not go along to an African dance workshop?
It is taking place in Sidmouth next Saturday (February 2) and if there is enough interest, it could become a monthly event.
The workshop will be led by African dance teacher Louis Eboa, and there will be live drumming to accompany the movement.
Organiser Ursula Monn said: “The workshop is suitable for all levels. Louis is a wonderful and inclusive teacher, who encourages everybody to enjoy the moving, and participants can take the dancing at their own energy level and fitness. Usually we dance bare foot, if not bring comfortable trainers or something of that sort, and comfortable loose clothing to dance in.”
You may also want to watch:
The workshop costs £15 and takes place at the Unitarian Meeting House in All Saints Road from 2pm until 4pm, and it is important to book a place. For more information or to book a place call Ursula on 01395 579436.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences