Plans for luxury cabins at Sidbury submitted to council
- Credit: Archant
Glamping could be coming to Sidbury Manor after the estate submitted a planning application to install three luxury cabins in the walled gardens.
The proposed ‘summerhouses’ are up-market timber-clad mobile huts aimed at the high end of the tourism market.
Typically, they would provide two or three night short stays for couples.
They’re seen as a way of diversifying income for the family-run business using the now old and underused kitchen gardens.
The Sidbury Manor Estate as a business comprises more than 2,000 acres of land, as well as residential letting properties.
You may also want to watch:
The huts are fully mobile so could be moved if needed. Subject to planning permission, they would be connected to the estate water supply with mains electricity and an ecological sewage treatment plant.
The cabins are designed to provide a ‘contemporary design’ rather than being made in an imitation ‘traditional’ style.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 7 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
East Devon District Council will determine the application.