Gliddon family thanks town for supporting Sidmouth Christmas light switch on
- Credit: Archant
Nearly £200 was raised for charity through trailer rides at the Sidmouth Christmas light switch on.
The Gliddon’s steam engine was one of the many attractions featured at the event held on Saturday, November 17.
The money raised from donations has now been given to Sidmouth Lifeboat, Sidmouth Day Care Nursery and Preschool and Sidmouth Carnival.
The Gliddon family has contacted the Herald to put out a special thank you to the hundreds of people that attended the event and donated money.
Andrea said: “We would like to put a thank you out.
You may also want to watch:
“We managed to raise nearly £200 by doing the steam engine trailer rides.
“It was a wonderful night and the Market Place was packed.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
“It was a really good turn out.”
Andrea also thanked staff from Safeguard Security and Fire Safety, for keeping everyone safe by closing part of the roads.