Go loco at Peco!
A railway gala is taking place at Pecorama in Beer this Bank Holiday weekend.
On Sunday, August 29 and Monday, August 30 there will be a host of train-themed events at the tourist attraction.
Visitors can expect guest model railway layouts, visiting locomotives on the Beer Heights Light Railway providing double-headed passenger trains and demonstration goods trains, and radio controlled SM-32 live steam model locos. On the Sunday there will be a naming ceremony for one of the visiting locos.
The Pecorama gardens will offer shows from Elfic the Jester on the Sunday and Ben the Master Juggler on the Monday, piano music to accompany cream teas on the restaurant terrace and children’s face painting in the marquee.
Margaret Edmonds, author of the Teddy Mac series of children’s books will be on site both days for story reading, book signing and colouring competitions. Admission is �7 for adults, �6.50 for senior citizens and �5 for children aged four to 16.
You may also want to watch:
Pecorama will be open 10am to 5.30pm both days.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight