Go loco at Peco!
A railway gala is taking place at Pecorama in Beer this Bank Holiday weekend.
On Sunday, August 29 and Monday, August 30 there will be a host of train-themed events at the tourist attraction.
Visitors can expect guest model railway layouts, visiting locomotives on the Beer Heights Light Railway providing double-headed passenger trains and demonstration goods trains, and radio controlled SM-32 live steam model locos. On the Sunday there will be a naming ceremony for one of the visiting locos.
The Pecorama gardens will offer shows from Elfic the Jester on the Sunday and Ben the Master Juggler on the Monday, piano music to accompany cream teas on the restaurant terrace and children’s face painting in the marquee.
Margaret Edmonds, author of the Teddy Mac series of children’s books will be on site both days for story reading, book signing and colouring competitions. Admission is �7 for adults, �6.50 for senior citizens and �5 for children aged four to 16.
You may also want to watch:
Pecorama will be open 10am to 5.30pm both days.
- 1 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 2 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead
- 3 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 4 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 5 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 6 Archbishop of Canterbury to join Patteson celebrations
- 7 Sidmouth’s Antony Hall secures 2nd with 7+ hours of running
- 8 So much to enjoy on our doorstep... despite the crowds
- 9 Too much clutter on our pavements just a sign of the times
- 10 Stay positive and hope staycations are here to stay