Golden Sidmouth couple’s double delight over jubilee trip
A STILL-smitten Sidmouth couple were royally delighted when they won a Diamond Jubilee trip - in the year they celebrate half-a-century of wedded bliss.
Derek and Wendy Limpus, of Manor Close, triumphed in a Sidmouth Herald competition and will travel to London in June.
Coincidentally, 2012 will also see the grandparents-of-four mark their golden wedding anniversary.
They say the surprise weekend break will be the perfect way to cap off celebrations.
Royals fan Wendy, 70, a member of Sidmouth’s bowling and flower clubs, said she thought she had no chance of winning a competition she entered by post last month.
You may also want to watch:
“I was speechless, I couldn’t believe it - especially this year on our special anniversary – we’re absolutely delighted,” she told the Herald after learning the good news.
“Of course, there’s no-one else I’d like to take with me.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
Derek, 71, added: “This will be a nice extension to our celebrations. It’s something we’re going to look forward to immensely as we have a lot of happy memories of trips to London.”
The couple’s prize has been provided by Newmarket Travel.