Golden Sidmouth couple’s double delight over jubilee trip
A STILL-smitten Sidmouth couple were royally delighted when they won a Diamond Jubilee trip - in the year they celebrate half-a-century of wedded bliss.
Derek and Wendy Limpus, of Manor Close, triumphed in a Sidmouth Herald competition and will travel to London in June.
Coincidentally, 2012 will also see the grandparents-of-four mark their golden wedding anniversary.
They say the surprise weekend break will be the perfect way to cap off celebrations.
Royals fan Wendy, 70, a member of Sidmouth’s bowling and flower clubs, said she thought she had no chance of winning a competition she entered by post last month.
“I was speechless, I couldn’t believe it - especially this year on our special anniversary – we’re absolutely delighted,” she told the Herald after learning the good news.
“Of course, there’s no-one else I’d like to take with me.”
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 4 South West warning for drought issued
- 5 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 6 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 7 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 8 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 9 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 10 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
Derek, 71, added: “This will be a nice extension to our celebrations. It’s something we’re going to look forward to immensely as we have a lot of happy memories of trips to London.”
The couple’s prize has been provided by Newmarket Travel.