Golden Sidmouth couple’s double delight over jubilee trip
A STILL-smitten Sidmouth couple were royally delighted when they won a Diamond Jubilee trip - in the year they celebrate half-a-century of wedded bliss.
Derek and Wendy Limpus, of Manor Close, triumphed in a Sidmouth Herald competition and will travel to London in June.
Coincidentally, 2012 will also see the grandparents-of-four mark their golden wedding anniversary.
They say the surprise weekend break will be the perfect way to cap off celebrations.
Royals fan Wendy, 70, a member of Sidmouth’s bowling and flower clubs, said she thought she had no chance of winning a competition she entered by post last month.
You may also want to watch:
“I was speechless, I couldn’t believe it - especially this year on our special anniversary – we’re absolutely delighted,” she told the Herald after learning the good news.
“Of course, there’s no-one else I’d like to take with me.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
Derek, 71, added: “This will be a nice extension to our celebrations. It’s something we’re going to look forward to immensely as we have a lot of happy memories of trips to London.”
The couple’s prize has been provided by Newmarket Travel.