Good Samaritan reunites Sidmouth Lifeboat volunteer with bike
- Credit: Archant
It turns out a Sidmouth Lifeboat crew member’s bike was not nicked – but a good Samaritan feared it would be.
Royal Glen Hotel porter and waiter Nicolae Horgos spotted Guy Bennett’s distinctive bicycle on the beach on Monday evening, locked it in a shed and spent days trying to trace its owner.
They met up yesterday evening for the handover after the lifesaver listed it as stolen online.
Guy described Romanian Nicolae as ‘such a nice chap’, adding: “It’s a massive relief. I can’t believe it.”
His colleague at Jurassic Paddle Sports and fellow lifeboat crew member Guy Russell said: “The bike is immaculate and has been returned to Guy. What can we say? Thank you dude. Nicolae has been given a lifetime membership to Jurassic Paddle Sports.
You may also want to watch:
“Also, thank you to everyone so much for being so kind, helpful and generous with their support.
“Amazing how people’s kindness can create such a different outcome.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Guy shared the good news on Facebook and it has been liked by nearly 400 people overnight.