Good Sidmouth kids reported to police
HOLIDAYMAKERS reported young people enjoying themselves on Sidmouth seafront to police – for being so well behaved.
Sergeant Andy Turner said visitors had stopped him while he was on patrol to commend teens enjoying recent warm weather by gathering near the beach.
The praise came after officers intercepted information another mass party was being planned at Connaught Gardens – where thousands of pounds of damage was inflicted on two recent occasions.
“We were informed by various different sources a party was going to be arranged,” said Sgt Turner.
“Officers were tasked to patrol Sidmouth as a result. They did locate several large groups of youths having barbecues on the seafront.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to praise those groups for their good behaviour. Holidaymakers told me how nice it was to see young people having a good time and behaving themselves so well.
“This reinforces the message that the vast majority of young people in Sidmouth are well behaved.”
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Village panto group secures prestigious national award