Good Sidmouth kids reported to police
HOLIDAYMAKERS reported young people enjoying themselves on Sidmouth seafront to police – for being so well behaved.
Sergeant Andy Turner said visitors had stopped him while he was on patrol to commend teens enjoying recent warm weather by gathering near the beach.
The praise came after officers intercepted information another mass party was being planned at Connaught Gardens – where thousands of pounds of damage was inflicted on two recent occasions.
“We were informed by various different sources a party was going to be arranged,” said Sgt Turner.
“Officers were tasked to patrol Sidmouth as a result. They did locate several large groups of youths having barbecues on the seafront.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to praise those groups for their good behaviour. Holidaymakers told me how nice it was to see young people having a good time and behaving themselves so well.
“This reinforces the message that the vast majority of young people in Sidmouth are well behaved.”
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge